- When did you first come to a class at the Little Art School?
I first joined the The Little Art School two years ago when I was 13. I began after my little brother Kristian came to lessons and enjoyed them.
- Had you drawn and painted before coming to us, or was it something completely new to try out?
I loved to paint and draw at home but I had never been to a structured art class before so it was a new experience for me.
- Has the way that you draw and paint changed or improved after coming to The Little Art School?
Yes I have learned so many different art techniques since coming here! My art has got better since I started the art classes – the teachers provide lots of help and tips with our painting.
- Has the Little Art School encouraged you to be creative and produce paintings outside of lessons?
I haven’t painted much outside of lessons as I prefer to paint at the art school each week. I don’t paint as much at home now but still occasionally enjoy getting my art books out. I also enjoy art at school.
- What is your favourite way to paint?
Watercolour is my favourite, because it’s not a heavy paint and you can still see the picture clearly underneath. I enjoy using the pale, pastel colours in this way.
- Has The Little Art School increased your confidence?
The art classes make me very relaxed and happy and I have made lots of friends. I feel far more confident in my drawing and everyone is so encouraging – it’s such a friendly environment.
- Tell me a bit about a favourite painting you have done recently.
In my Level 3 course, we have been doing the acrylic fruit paintings and I’ve really enjoyed it. The colours were lovely. My favourite has to have been the pear because I love the texture, shape and the contrast of the colours. I think it looks very modern.
- What do you enjoy most about The Little Art School?
I love The Little Art School because it makes me feel relaxed, the classes are fun and all of the staff are so kind.